- James Fisher set to increase offshore decommissioning efficiencies for customers with acquisition of Subsea Engenuity Ltd
- James Fisher Offshore makes strides in the Netherlands
- JFO expands its reach with new Houston office
- The importance of collaboration: JFO and Aquatic
- Aquatic/JFO alliance off to successful start in the Americas
- JFO partners with Aquatic to deliver integrated offshore solutions
- JFO expands Ingersoll Rand partnership in Malaysia
- JFO colleagues do their bit for charity
- Singapore base broadens JFO's global reach
- Product portfolio increases as JFO targets new markets
- JFO builds for the future with appointment of new managing director
- £2m investment in integrated services completed
- Improving offshore safety through pneumatic winch courses
- Subsea innovation central to JFO's strategy
- JFO provides the tools to shape the future of diving training
- Partnership for single-source back deck solutions
- JFO relocates its Asian base to a strategic offshore hub
- North Sea specialists
- James Fisher Offshore sponsors water stations for Run Garioch 2018
- Subsea Expo 2018
- The Meldrum Mechs and JFO
- JFO in the Community
- JFO Wheely Big Challenge
- JFO and First Subsea launch decom solution
- James Fisher Offshore's advanced abrasive cutting technology
- JFO mobilises abrasive cutting to the Saudi Kingdom
- JFO grows Middle East footprint
- James Fisher Offshore supporting NPCC with offshore decommissioning
- James Fisher Subsea Excavation Merges with James Fisher Offshore
- 35% cost-reductions for our global decommissioning customers
- Delivering efficiencies and building resilience
- New Release Animation
- Looking to the future
- James Fisher Offshore adapts new structure to meet its customers' evolving requirements
- Going Global Winners
- JFO Well Abandonment Capabilities
- Great timing to start at global decom specialist
- James Fisher to address needs of expanding decommissioning market with launch of dedicated business line
- Energy Voice - James Fisher Decommissioning
- Supporting our local community
- James Fisher and NMDC Group sign strategic agreement
Top teamwork from the 'Meldrum Mechs'
James Fisher Offshore (JFO) has been working closely with a school in Aberdeenshire to help inspire young people considering a future in the marine and offshore industry by supporting them in the building and racing of an electric car.
The move comes as part of a national project, backed by a charity called 'Greenpower Education' which has been set up to inspire young people in the fields of science, technology and engineering as part of a STEM initiative. School children aged 11-16 are encouraged to buy a single-seater kit car, then design , build and customise the car with the end goal of racing it at special Greenpower events at top motor circuits around the country.
This year, JFO has teamed up with Meldrum Academy which is based close to its HQ at Inverurie in Scotland, and is working closely with the school on the project. A dedicated area in the JFO workshop has been set aside to build and store the electric car and the 20 Meldrum pupils have been kitted out in JFO sponsored boiler suits. They work in two teams of ten visiting the JFO workshop on alternate Tuesdays under the guidance and support of experienced JFO technicians.
Jack Davidson, Managing Director of JFO says:
"It is a pleasure to support the local school by providing a real workshop environment and having experienced engineering staff on hand to support the pupils - their enthusiasm is inspiring and it is a real pleasure to be involved."
Mrs Donna-Marie Stewart, who is design and technology teacher at Meldrum Academy says:
"I've never seen our children so motivated to work through a project before. They have been learning skills which are helping them gain self-confidence and we're getting a lot of positive feedback from parents too.'
The group plan to race their car alongside other local engineering groups at a Greenpower event at the Grampian Transport museum in June.
The children recently completed the first stage of the build and tested the car at the school.