Installing and commissioning FPSO winch package alongside Bibby Offshore
Scope of works:
Bibby Offshore was awarded the contract for the provision of subsea installation services by E.ON for the development of the Huntington field to tie-back to a new Sevan Voyageur Spirit floating production storage and offloading vessel (FPSO).
James Fisher Offshore (JFO) were subcontracted to work alongside Bibby Offshore to deliver the following scope of work between the Huntington manifold and FPSO:
- Installation of four risers (8” pressure and water injection risers and 4” gas lift risers) and a control/chemical injection dynamic umbilical
- Tie-in of the risers and dynamic umbilical to the associated static facilities on the seabed
- Installation of the “drop down” tie-in spools between the xmas trees and the drilling template pipework
- Connection of the pre-installed control jumpers to the xmas trees within the drilling template
Scope of supply:
JFO were engaged in the early phases of the engineering development process in order to successfully deliver this project.
The equipment package supplied included:
- 1 x 70Te hydraulic winch complete with non-rotational wire rope
- 1 x diesel driven hydraulic power unit (HPU)
- 9 x 60Te vertical deck sheaves
- 4 x 60Te horizontal deck sheaves
- 1 x running line monitor system
JFO's project team were involved in the riser pull-in structural analysis, pull-in load requirement calculations, multi-sheave system friction loss calculations, wire rope characteristics, wire re-routing methodology and grillage design.
Our experienced offshore technicians installed and commissioned the winch package on the Sevan Voyageur Spirit FPSO in Norway, then provided 24 hour coverage for the operational pull-in activities as part of the FPSO hook up.