- Supplying pumping equipment to raise the Costa Concordia
- Halliburton fibre optic yard trial
- Bespoke flange stud cutting for Subsea 7
- Brent Alpha caisson repair
- Haewene Brim, Bluewater, mooring wire replacement
- Tetney sea line maintenance project
- Equipment spreads for Hess South Arne and IVRR
- Supporting Fugro Subsea Services Ltd. with equipment deployment in the North Sea
- Mobilising hydraulic winch package for Technip
- Taqa Harding DSV campaigns
- Dredging for Subsea 7 in the North Sea
- Full back deck provision for Technip IRM campaign
- Subsea 7 - BP West Nile Delta gas development
- Subsea umbilical removal for the Judy platform
- Supporting Bibby Subsea with IRM works
- Pull-in winch package for Technip/Chevron Bangka project
- Supplying hydraulic winch packages for Quad 204 FPSO project
- Installing and commissioning FPSO winch package alongside Bibby Offshore
- Provision of deck and subsea equipment for Hibernia Southern Extension project
- Gryphon Alpha FPSO winch and line monitoring package
- Enabling riser pull-in on the Dunlin Alpha platform
- BP Clair fibre optic installation
- Electrical umbilical pull-in for Callater Field development
- Undertaking preventative winch maintenance for Ensco
- JFO provides bespoke solutions on complex project off the Ivory Coast
- James Fisher Offshore supports Subsea 7 in Gorgon project
- Recovery and reinstallation of Ocean Installer mooring lines
- Nemo Link UXO Investigation
- Lancaster EPS Project
- TechnipFMC Enquest Kraken
- TechnipFMC/Repsol IRM
- Subsea 7 BP Atoll
- Cutting, dredging and recovery demonstration
- Premier Oil Balmoral Abex - Decommissioning
- Safaniya Demolition works
- DeepOcean Ghana, TEN project
- Abrasive Water Jet Cutting Case Study
Brent Alpha caisson repair
Scope of works:
An inspection programme on Brent Alpha platform concluded that all caissons should be removed and any critical to future operations should be replaced.
James Fisher Offshore (JFO) project engineers were involved in early discussions with the Wood Group PSN structural team and the Shell project team.
Scope of supply:
JFO were contracted by Wood Group PSN to supply two 30Te hydraulic winch packages which met the requirements of the scope including the need for a compact winch footprint due to limited space on the platform.
The winches were supplied with spooling gear (level-wind) to aid fleeting, running line monitors to provide accurate line tension and rope pay-out data during operations, and diesel driven Zone 2 hydraulic power units (HPUs). The package also included deck sheaves and single sheaves snatch blocks to route the wire rope through the platform levels.
JFO's fabrication facility, also located at its Oldmeldrum facility, carried out bespoke modifications to the winch guarding (to reduce the footprint) and works related to the bespoke grillages to support the winches on the platform.
The caisson removals and replacements were completed successfully with Fisher Offshore technicians operating and maintaining the winch package throughout the scope.